Saturday, October 22, 2011

Best. Bike. Shop. Ever.

Three miles to my car, my left pedal broke. I have been using this Quattro Crank Brothers pedals for about a year and a half now I think and it has served me well. I was surprised that a small section of the spring broke.

Riding clipped to just one foot was very irritating.

So I said to myself, I have plenty of time to replace it. Monday it will be.

I picked up my son from boy scouts. Got something to eat. Took a nap.

Then I got a text from Tani. "hey, do you want to ride tomorrow?"

Sure!

Half an hour later, at 5:20, I realized - Crud. My pedal is broken.

Maybe I'll use my tank of a bike. The Terry perhaps? Transfer pedals - which I attempted for like - 2 minutes. Was it lefty loosy, righty tighty?

Tani is fast so there is no way I can keep up with her with a bike other than the Ruby. Especially after herding the cats on today's ride.

My ride is almost ruined!

So I called Kinetic Cycles and Bruce Kaiser answered. {relief} He told me they close at 5 pm. {big sigh} It was already 5:30. He asked me what the problem was and I told him. Bruce said - come on in. I'll take care of it. {OMG}

And he sure did!

Bruce at work!


Now, that is what I call great service!! You won't find it anywhere else....

Thank you Bruce for saving my ride. Kinetic Cycles rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment